FT-IR Spectroscopy in Microbiological and Medical Diagnostics
hosted by the Robert Koch-Institute in Berlin / Germany
October 10-11, 2019
NEW: Workshop concluded (Oct 13, 2019)
From 10th to 11th of October 2019 about 100 scientists working in the field of biomedical vibrational spectroscopy gathered for
the 12th FT-IR workshop at the Robert Koch-Institute in Berlin to discuss and present the latest developments in this research area.
The workshop organizers would like to thank all participants for their valuable contributions to, their interest in and their
enthusiasm for the 2019 issue of the FT-IR workshop series. We look forward for another successful FTIR workshop in 2021.
FT-IR Workshop 2019 concluded (pdf format)
Final workshop program available (Oct 03, 2019)
The final program of the FT-IR Workshop 2019 is now available, see FT-IR workshop program (pdf format)
October 03, 2019: Registration has been closed. We are very sorry, but due
to capacity reasons we are unable to accept additional registrations.
Abstract submission closed
August 27, 2019: Abstract submission is closed. We have received 27 abstracts submissions for oral contributions
and 29 poster abstract submissions. Thank you all for your excellent contributions!
It is our great pleasure to invite to the 12th workshop FT-IR Spectroscopy in Microbiological and Medical Diagnostics. The workshop is
being held at the Robert Koch-Institute (RKI) October
10-11, 2019 and is organized by the RKI and the
International Society for Clinical Spectroscopy (CLIRSPEC).
The 2019 workshop will continue the tradition of highlighting the relevant fields of applications of biomedical vibrational spectroscopy and will
bring together scientists from around the world to discuss, network & encourage the application of IR and Raman spectroscopic techniques for the
characterization and differentiation of intact microbial, plant, animal or human cells. Following the lines of the last FT-IR workshops, major points
of discussion will be the progress in vibrational spectroscopic research, recent applications in various fields of microbiology, biomedicine and
new technological developments.
Download the invitation letter (2019, pdf format)
- Vibrational spectroscopy of microbial colonies, biofilms, population analyses and for single cell investigations
- Diagnostic applications of IR and Raman spectroscopy in bio-medicine
- Microspectroscopic studies of individual human cells
- Vibrational spectroscopy for studying cell/drug interactions and for antimicrobial resistance testing
- Epidemiological studies, maintenance of culture collections, therapy control, investigation of infection chains, hygiene control
- Microbiological analyses in the pharmaceutical, food, and water supply industries, and in biotechnology
- New trends of spectral data analysis